At The Academy of Woodlands, we continue to support our partnerships with the children, parents and carers, and the community to help improve all aspects of the children's attendance and punctuality.
The school day starts at 8.50am and the children are expected to be in school for registration at this time. If your child arrives later than 8.50am, please report to the school office to be registered.
Our Family Liaison Officer/Attendance Officer works closely with the local authority, continuously monitoring our pupils’ attendance. If we have any concerns about a child's attendance, we may refer this matter to the local authority, which will assist the parents and carers in improving that child’s attendance.
If your child is unable to attend school, please telephone the school office on 0300 065 8200 by 9.00am on the first day of an absence, stating the name of the child, class and reason for absence.
When an absence has not been reported, this will be followed up with a telephone call. If we are not able to make contact, a member of staff may undertake a home visit to ensure the safeguarding for your child.
Promoting Good Attendance at School
- Awarding stickers are given to every child who achieves 100% attendance every week.
- Awarding children with 100% attendance certificates at the end of year celebration assembly.
- Awarding the class with the best attendance with a trophy/certificate every week.
- Weekly attendance rewards for KS1 and KS2.
- Our Family Liaison Officer offers attendance clinics to parents and carers, who may have difficulty with getting their children into school on time or regularly.
- Attendance is shared with parents and carers on a regular basis.
Absence Attendance Percentage Table
|No Concern||96% - 100%|
|Concern If Absences Continues||
95% - 95.9%
|Risk of Underachievement - Action Needed||
90% - 94.9%
|Severe Risk of Underachievement, Persistent Absentee (PA)||
85% - 90%
|Extreme Concern - Action with Local Authority||
0% - 85%